Friday, October 30, 2009
Reflection #8
While I was in my Assessment class we have been covering the No Child Left Behind law. It is so frusterating because the NCLB lowers the school standards. I feel like the NCLB is more concerned about making sure everyone is accepted and liked. This is not helping the student or teh teacher to succeed. It is teaching the students how to take tests. What will happen to all these students when they graduate? will our world become like the movie "Idiocracy"? What are we giving these students by lowering the standards for them to achieve? All of this is so frustrating to me. I want to be a teacher but the political leaders are more or less taking it out of our hands.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This is interesting. I agree, that sounds frusturating. Hopefully, when we are teachers we will have the opportunity for our voices to be heard more, so we can fight against rediculous things like this, and make assessing our students' learning better for everyone.
ReplyDelete