Tuesday, November 3, 2009

"Caught of Video"

I have never heard about the Flip Video before. It sounds like a pretty interesting devise. I like how each video footage gets it's own file. I can only imagine how confusing it would get if you have more that one class and you are trying to find something specific on the video camera. one thing that the Flip video pros didn't mention was that it could be used to capture lessons and be able to bring it up again to critic your own teaching and teach it again.
it was very interesting for me that this article mentioned grading. in another class of mine we are talking about the importance of grading, they mean everything and they mean nothing. Alfie Kohn is a very smart man and thinks that grades do not mean what they should. I think video tapping would be a great idea. but i don't think it will ever take the place of grading. The United States is too much of a competitive nation that we need the grades in order to feel like we are worth something

No comments:

Post a Comment